Returning to work following an extended absence from work can be a challenge!
The Return to Work Simulation Day is suitable for anyone who will be returning to anaesthesia following any kind of career break (e.g. maternity leave, sick leave, year abroad etc.).
We provide a friendly, non-threatening environment to help you getting back on your feet with a supportive and knowledgeable faculty. This is not an assessment day and it is free!
Aims of the session:
- to re-build confidence in the skills you already have
- to explore and practice non-technical skills relevant to anaesthetists, like team-working and communication skills
- to revise critical incident algorithms
- to practice leading critical incident scenarios in the simulation centre
- to take part in debriefing sessions after each scenario
- presentation/ questions and answer session delivered by people who have been in a similar position
- opportunity to share concerns or ask for advice from others also attending the day
- may be used as one of your Keep In Touch (KIT) days
Previous feedback has been excellent so we are motivated to continue giving this opportunity to trainees.
If any further information is required or you would like to be contacted if there is a return to work simulation day coming up, please e-mail Linda Waddilove, Consultant Anaesthetist, Freeman Hospital
Dr Nicola Hirschauer, Consultant Anaesthetist, Freeman Hospital.
Dr Linda Waddilove, Consultant Anaesthetist, Freeman Hospital.