Northumbria Airway Workshop (NAW)
3-4 April 2019
2-3 Oct 2019
NAW is all about difficult airway management.
NAW is approved for 10 CPD points by the Royal College of Anaesthetists.
NAW is DAS approved course
From airway assessment to Fibreoptic intubation on an anaesthetised patient, all is taught in 2 days.
Delegates will learn
- Prediction of a difficult intubation
- Difficult Airway Society guidelines
- Theoretical knowledge about Fibreoptic Laryngoscope and VL
- Theoretical knowledge of fibreoptic intubation (FOI) under regional and general anaesthesia
- Awake fibreoptic and VL intubation on a manikin
- Techniques of fibreoptic intubation on manikin, including use of Aintree catheter and 2ndgeneration SAD etc
- Each participating doctor will perform fibreoptic intubation on an anaesthetised patient, under supervision
- Videolaryngoscopes and other difficult airway management devices
- Cricothyroidotomy including animal model
- Human factor
- Ultrasound neck
- Scenario-based discussion
- Simulation station on difficult airway management
Further details on NAW web site