Introduction to Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
This one day practical ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia course is held annually at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Newcastle/NSECH and is run by consultants with a vast interest in regional anaesthesia.
Ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia can be daunting for a junior anaesthetist and educational opportunities can be difficult to find. This course is uniquely targeted at CT2/ST3 grade doctors and aims to;
- Provide junior doctors with the knowledge in the Basic training curriculum.
- Develop technical skills which will enable them to make the most of training opportunities.
- Introduce the basics and knobology of ultrasound.
- Demonstrate sonoanatomy of basic blocks.
- Enthuse and direct further learning.
Dr Jonathan Womack, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Infirmary
Dr Anand Jayaraman, Consultant Anaesthetics, NSECH
For further information, please email: Email