Introduction to Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia
This one day practical ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia course is held annually at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Newcastle and is run by consultants with a vast interest in regional anaesthesia.
Ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia can be daunting for a junior anaesthetist and educational opportunities can be difficult to find. This course is uniquely targeted at CT2/ST3 grade doctors and aims to;
- Provide junior doctors with the knowledge in the Basic training curriculum.
- Develop technical skills which will enable them to make the most of training opportunities.
- Introduce the basics and knobology of ultrasound.
- Demonstrate sonoanatomy of basic blocks.
- Enthuse and direct further learning.
Dr Jonathan Womack, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Infirmary
Dr David Buckley, Consultant Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Infirmary
For further information, please email: Email
For an update on A-liNE courses please follow:
Twitter @ _A_liNE_news