Introduction to Obstetric Anaesthesia
This two day practical simulation course is held both in the Royal Victoria Infirmary and James Cook University Hospital and is run by Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetists.
The course is held annually and consists of lectures as well as practical scenarios and is of most benefit to those who have had no obstetric anaesthesia experience -CT1, CT2 Trainees.
The course will give you the skills needed to commence supervised practice in Obstetric Anaesthesia.
- Introduction to Spinal & Epidurals in Obstetrics
- Practical Spinal & Epidurals insertion
- Complications of Spinal for Caesarean section.
- Management of Rare Serious Problems
- Practical General Anaesthesia in Obstetrics
- Failed Intubation in Obstetric-Anaesthesia
- Cardiac arrest in pregnancy
- Major Haemorrhage in Obstetrics
Dr Katy Whitehouse, Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist, Royal Victoria Infirmary
For further information, please email: Email