Guide to the Initial Assessments of Competency
These should be completed (usually) by 3 months:
How to complete the assessments & paperwork
- On the following page is the list of competencies (appendix 1), each one has a corresponding code; for either DOPS, ACEX or CBD. These all start with IAC (Initial assessment of competence) followed by _A01 etc.
- Print it out & carry it with you at work.
- Ask your supervising consultant if they will perform one (or more) of the assessments
- Keep a signed record (ideally on page 2 of appendix 2, the reverse side of the certificate) of who has done each assessment and when.
- Log into your LLP, create the assessment and assign an appropriate IAC code to it. Then send it to your supervisor for electronic sign off.
- Repeat the above for the other 18 IAC’s.
- The Final Sign off. This can be done electronically through the LLP. 2 consultants need to sign this form (usually ES and College Tutor) although local arrangements may vary.
- This Competency document is required to be present in your LLP. Trainees who have a completed paper copy should upload and assign this to the milestones and certificates section of the LLP.